The Lifetime Achievement Award (Honorary Membership) of CIAC may be conferred, by a vote at a Council Meeting, on any individual who has made an outstanding contribution to cephalopod research and/or the ideals and aims of CIAC. This will have the normal privileges of ex-officio membership.
Nominations, including a brief summary of justifications (credentials), are to be submitted with the names of the nominees to the President or Executive Secretary.
Criteria for Nomination and Election
- Contributions to the Field of Cephalopod Study
- Years in the field
- Benchmark contributions to the advancement of our understanding of cephalopods
- Leadership & scholarship
- Number of peer reviewed scientific publications on cephalopods
- Number of collaborators
- Citation index for their publications
- Professional awards & honors
- Other pertinent information to assemble
- Date of birth; date of death
- Institutional affiliation & position
- Photograph (head shot)
- CIAC involvement
- Meetings attended
- Council &/or officer positions held + dates
- General participation (workshop organizer; meeting host, papers or posters presented, etc.)
Justifications for each candidate will be read out at the Council Meeting prior to the election.
Successful nominees will be notified by the Executive Secretary following the meeting when they were elected. A Lifetime Achievement Award certificate will be prepared by the Executive Secretary and sent to each new Honorary Member.
The proposers of all individuals elected as Honorary Life Members will be responsible to provide a written summary of the credentials of their candidate to the CIAC archivist.